The new Shelter Insurance North Campus Facility consists of warehouse paper and paper goods storage with loading docks, administrative offices, open office space, large and small meeting/conference/training rooms, specialized printing, and mail rooms. The facility also has a basement Data Center, break rooms, rest rooms, miscellaneous mechanical rooms, and other support spaces.
The Lafferre Hall 1935/44 Renovation & Repair project will renovate approximately 40,000 GSF on the first floor to provide space for experiential teaching and learning labs, computer labs, student machine shop, and student team areas; and approximately 29,000 GSF for research space for engineering disciplines.
The J.W. “Blind” Boone Residence is a significant part of Columbia’s history. The recognition of this building lies not only in the memory of the native Missouri artist, pianist, and philanthropist John William Boone, but also in the history of the African-American community in Columbia.
The Conservation Department wished to consolidate their two facilities into one to make their Columbia operations more efficient, consolidate research and management, and save them money over the long term.
The renovation of Switzler Hall at the University of Missouri involved gutting the interior of the 20,759 gross square foot, four-level brick building and using a unique shoring system to support the exterior walls of the building from the inside while simultaneously reconstructing the building’s interior.
The City of Boonville, Missouri considered several options and then hired PWA and Counsilman-Hunsaker to develop the design for an outdoor leisure pool with a concessions building, bathhouse, shading canopies and a pump house.
Formerly a part of the Kemper Military School, the historic 54,000 square foot Johnston Field House is currently home to the Boonslick Heartland YMCA and contains a cardio theater, weight room, aerobics room, 25-yard indoor pool, indoor batting cage, office space and 3 basketball courts.
Working closely with City of Rolla staff, PWA and their consultants developed a plan to renovate the existing 21,600 square foot city hall, originally constructed in 1948. The design for the new city hall added 6,900 square feet to the four-story masonry building.
The Conservation Campus Nature Center, located within the forests and park lands of the 189-acre Cape Girardeau County Park North and adjacent to the Missouri Department of Conservation’s Regional Headquarters, is the sixth such facility in the State of Missouri.