Whether you are just beginning your career or are a seasoned designer, PWA is a great place to develop your design skills. At this time, we are accepting applications for a Project Architect position and will consider applications for a CAD Technician. We are looking for dedicated professionals who can see projects from conception through final construction. Emphasis will be placed on the production of Construction Documents. This is an in-office position with possible remote work under extreme circumstances. The ideal candidate will be located in the Columbia, Missouri, area or willing to relocate to join our team. The firm is not able to provide Visa sponsorship at this time.
- NAAB-Accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture (Project Architect)
- NCARB/IDP registration (Project Architect)
- Post-secondary degree/training in design studies or CAD technology (CAD Technician)
- MUST have proficiency in AutoCAD. Will use other A/E software, word processing, and spreadsheet programs as needed
- Knowledge of building materials, detailing, construction techniques, specifications, and building codes
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in group settings toward accomplishing team requirements.
- Professional work demeanor, diligence, and integrity
- Eligibility to work in the United States (will confirm through E-Verify)
- Experience in a design firm is preferred.
- Competitive Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Great Benefits, including:
- Health, Disability, and Life insurance
- Dental and Vision plans
- Progressive pooled time-off policy
- Generous Safe Harbor 401(k) plan
- Registration reimbursement policy – ARE, LEED, NCARB, CDT
- Membership dues reimbursement policy – AIA, CSI
- Numerous “Lunch-n-Learn” presentations.
- Business casual dress
- New office with available exercise equipment and shower
- Located in Columbia, Missouri – one of Forbes Best Small Places for Business and Careers
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and work samples to the following.
- Via email: email@example.com, subject line “Project Architect Position”
- Via mail: Kimberly Trabue, PWArchitects, Inc., 2120 Forum Blvd., Ste. 101, Columbia, MO 65203
No phone calls, please.