- The Tenth Street Window Gallery – For over 20 years, it has been our pleasure to be actively involved in displaying and enjoying the work and passion of many community artists and organizations. As of December 31, 2015, our role as caretakers of the Tenth Street Window Gallery in our downtown office will come to an end as we move to our new location. However, PWA plans to remain active in our support local artists and organizations within our community.
- Being right around the corner for many experiences in downtown Columbia: Parades and festivals (Homecoming, music/BBQ, film), shopping for just about anything (especially shoes), bicycles, breweries, movies in the park, art galleries, and green parking spaces just to name a few.
- Watching the doves in the window. Doves took up residence on the ledge of the window under our awning. We have enjoyed watching them make their nest, care for their babies, and coax their fledglings out into the world.
- Observing people downtown as they come and go throughout the day.
- The people who make deliveries to our door – They rock!
- Afternoon walks around the block.
- Watching the rain and hail storms as our cars were protected in the covered parking of the City garage.
- Walk-up banking.
- Foodie paradise: Breaks for coffee, ice cream, pizza, doughnuts, or even a lunch out with coworkers.
- Halloweenie in the District – The kids in their costumes are always a treat to see and it has been so much fun to visit with the trick or treaters.
Top 10 Things We Will Miss About Downtown Office
Dawn L. Andres 2015-10-28T16:17:39+00:00