In any community the challenges of Parks and Recreation Departments are numerous and generally include the following factors and issues:
- The increase in population and hence, the increase in potential users of any facility.
- Changing demographics, i.e. larger component of elderly/retired users.
- Cultural factors, i.e. diverse minority groups with their own specific needs.
- Delivery of leisure services is often insufficient in larger cities.
- Availability and means of access to any facility.
- Availability and cost of energy.
- Status of the economy, i.e. how much people can spend on recreation.
- Social changes, i.e. family patterns, loss of primary group contact, increase in rate of crime, etc.
- Changing nature of jobs and occupations, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Need for new programming concepts in parks and recreation resources.
- Increasing public awareness of our environment.
- Finding innovative means of financing parks and recreation projects.
While each project is unique, the knowledge and experience gained from our previous projects allow us to accommodate and even anticipate the needs of our clients.